Experiences and thoughts on taking the July 2006 Bar Exam

Sunday, July 23

My Best To All This Week

I don't mean to be overly dramatic over some silly little test, I merely continue a tradition in hopes of inspiring those who may harbor doubts over the coming days. And no matter the results, having experienced this firsthand, I respect all who give it their best shot.

Good luck to all taking the bar exam this week.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian.'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispian's day.'
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day
...
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

4 Comments:

Blogger collateral evidence said...

Backatcha!

Oh, and thanks for your links list. The convenience of having a one-stop portal to others' bar angst has been fabulous. :)

7/23/2006 6:22 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

Good luck yourself.

Henry the Fifth?

7/24/2006 8:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the post from Shakespeare's Henry V. I found it strangely moving as I prepare to sit for the MA bar on Wednesday.
This is like preparing for battle, isn't it - a great intellectual battle we "band of brothers [and sisters]" have been steeling ourseves for for months.

Reading your blog has been one of my favorite ways to spend study breaks over the last two months. Thank you for generously devoting your time to maintaining it.

Good luck to you, too!

May we ALL pass the first time.

7/24/2006 5:54 PM

 
Blogger Roonie said...

You can do it, my friend.

7/24/2006 6:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home