Experiences and thoughts on taking the July 2006 Bar Exam

Monday, June 12

Not Exactly Incentive To Pass The Bar

On the bright side, it's probably not so bad if one doesn't pass the bar.
Dating as a lawyer? OLS's recent post made me think, I don't even know what that means. I know almost no lawyers who are "dating," and I am certainly not one of them. In law school it seemed like virtually everyone was married or in a committed relationship. Well, now the numbers are even more daunting because all those committed relationships turned into marriages shortly before or after the bar exam. Of the lawyers I know who are "dating", most of them are very seriously dating someone they met prior to entering practice. And then there are the single female lawyers who share a sort of despair that suddenly all they have is their career and the half hearted wondering if they can convince themselves that a career is all they need. And the single male lawyers who seem to think that they don't need any social skills because they can just announce they are lawyers and women should drop to their knees.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne,

I blame it all on the lifestyle they make us lawyers live. If you are in the office all day and night how are you supposed to find anyone to date. My advice is to quit and become a paranormal psychologist. I have always thought that would be a better career option.

6/13/2006 8:00 PM

 
Blogger Roonie said...

I dated in law school. It was fun. No way in hell would I want to marry any of the cretans I went to school with! But it was fun getting in their pants.

7/05/2006 9:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home