Experiences and thoughts on taking the July 2006 Bar Exam

Thursday, June 8

It Is Like 1L All Over Again (But Way Less Fun)

I'm in agreement with the following:
My brain seems again to be regressing to the first year of law school days when everything - especially unshoveled sidewalks outside of Starbucks - was a negligence suit waiting to happen and I yelled at TV lawyers for getting things wrong. I'm not really watching TV and I'm not going to Starbucks, but the law taking over common sense and normal human interaction is happening again. Someone makes a declaratory or conclusory statement and my automatic response is, "Do you have any evidence to back that up?" Trading food supplies with my roommate and the subject of value comes up, I point out the peppercorn theory of consideration, and she responds that she liked me better before I decided to go to law school. Fun stuff.

I guess the tendency to see the world as one huge hypo is bound to happen when the study of law consumes your life.

It's no picnic.*

*My entry for understatement of the year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Asian Provocateur said...

i was thinking more like ass rapingly painful.

but that would be an understatement.

cheers.

6/12/2006 4:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home