Experiences and thoughts on taking the July 2006 Bar Exam

Tuesday, May 23

Where To Show Off That I'm Going To Be A Lawyer?

yaz: I need to start looking for places to study
Bruin7089: like?
yaz: No idea
Bruin7089: i need two different places to study
yaz: Why two?
Bruin7089: i like the coffee places for when i'm just going over outlines
Bruin7089: but i need someplace different for when going over MCs and doing Essays
yaz: Somewhere quieter?
Bruin7089: i think so
Bruin7089: but i'm not sure
yaz: MAybe burbank library for me
Bruin7089: do you like quiet places?
yaz: No not really
yaz: But that is mostly because I like to be distracted

And taken from the same post linked to from my last one (lots of good stuff in that one post if you haven't already read it):
I spent my study time between three or four places. I was at a little coffee shop in town most days, with earplugs or headphones on, making index cards or taking practice tests or reading and noting the elements of the answers of all the past Maine Bar Exam essay questions about negotiable instruments or trusts and estates or professional responsibility. I worked at my kitchen table or my drafting table making posters about criminal procedure or hearsay exceptions. I sat out in the sunshine in my yard a lot. I took practice MBE tests on my green loveseat. I didn't study anywhere else, really, but I did drag a book or two around with me everywhere else I went. In retrospect it was ridiculous. I don't know whether at the time I really expected I would steal away and study at the grocery store or at dinner at my parents' place, or if I just wanted sympathy, but I always had a book or my flash cards in my bag or in the passenger seat of my car.
So where do you plan on spending most of your time studying?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home